Featured Post

Secret Ingredients Response

Monday, October 24, 2016

Pre Restaurant Review

The original plan for the day was to go apple picking and eat at the orchard. However, my plans changed when my friends and I realized we went to the apple farm without a restaurant, and being a group of hungry college kids who wanted some comfort food, we decide to eat at the Los Amigos Mexican Food Restaurant on Gull Road. I'm making my friends wait in the car as I write this, and so I am not entirely sure how I feel about this restaurant. Since it was a very last minute change, I feel it would be great to just get something because I am starving and really just want some food. I went to the other chain restaurant on Stadium drive, however I was not entirely pleased with it. The food wasn't as fresh as I had hoped and the overall service wasn't that great either. I hope this restaurant isn't the same. 
I do not know anyone who has been to this specific restaurant either, and so I'm hoping the service and quality of food isn't the same as my past experiences.
Being from a Mexican heritage, I already do not want to eat here. I have the past experiences in my mind, and coming in with such high expectations I feel this place will just get bad review from me. In addition, I feel the quality of Mexican food around Kalamazoo hasn’t even been close to average for my personal rating, so I am hesitant to just go in and want to experience something negative all over again.
By doing some quick research on not only my phone but my friend’s cell phones as well, this restaurant seems to get pretty average reviews. It’s not the best, but it isn’t the worse. I don’t know if this should comfort me or not. I’m glad it isn’t the worse, because I feel I have already experienced that, however on the other hand, I want to know why these people did not give it the full five stars. Was it because the food quality wasn’t there? Possibly the service? Looking at all these different comments, there seems to be a mix of the two. It is possible that this is just an average restaurant, and that it seems to just be a place to go and enjoy the food rather than having the full on Mexican experience.
I really don’t know what to expect. I would like to think that I should expect roughly the same kind of food that I had at the other chain restaurant and other Mexican restaurants in the Kalamazoo area. However, I want to go in with a clear mind and try to not have any extreme biases towards it. Even with my Hispanic background, I am going to try to not be completely disappointed or ecstatic when I see my food, or notice that something doesn’t fit completely right with the overall feel of the dish. I am also going to try to not judge the food so harshly, as if I could cook something better than what is being served to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment